ABI The Unicorn Iron on Patch
Create access for Gtubes, PEGS and Broviac central lines with out damaging clothing with our iron on access patch.
Not only do they look cute but they also allow you to create access for the tube by cutting a hole in the garment after its been ironed on. This reinforces the fabric from fraying and allows you to thread the tube through the access hole.
(We particularly recommend this product for children with PEGs or children on continuous G-tube feeds)
How to use them:
- Get your little one to wear the garment you want to adapt and then mark where the patch will need to go. This will ensure a perfect access tailored to your child
- Have the garment and iron at the ready. Set your iron to ‘Cotton’ 400 degrees (or Max) and wait for 5 minutes to ensure the iron is hot
- Iron the area where the patch will be placed first to avoid any wrinkly spots
- Place the patch on the garment. Embroidered area facing upwards
- Place a light weight cloth (e.g pillow case) over the patch and iron by pressing firmly and slow circular movements for half a minute.
- Turn your garment inside out and iron the patch for another half a minute
- Let it cool down for at least one minute and then test to see if any sides of the patch can be lifted. If yes, then repeat steps 5 and 6 again to ensure the patch glue is fully activated.
- Finally while your garment is still inside out, add some stitches around all the patch shape to give it more force for the long term.
- Once finished, Cut the garment fabric that is in the access area with in the patch provided with sharp scissors or clippers to get a clean finished look.
- Voila! You are good to go!
* Only use on fabrics that can be ironed. Do not tumble dry.
* Product size :H 7 cm x W 5.5 cm (access hole 2.5 x 2 cm)